Friday, February 13, 2009

Sometimes I wish....

Sometimes I wish the internet hadn't been invented. I don't want everyone to have access to my personal information, photos of me, blogs of my thoughts, lists of my friends. And my "status"? Who decided that people have to have a "status" now? Not only that, but what does having a clever "status" do for you? Does a clever "status" provide shelter? Does it help you find berries and kill squirrels for meat?

I know what you're thinking ("thats a real good story Grandpa") but maybe I'm just old fashioned. I love getting mail. Thats why I'm so happy that my best friend Seth gave me 12 envelopes addressed to him for Christmas. It was one of the best gifts ever.

2 comments:

Kylee said...

I love that gift idea so much I just might steal it! I also love getting mail or hand written notes, or thank you notes, or things like that.

CLARK JOHNSEN said...

People just don't do it anymore. Everything is become so electronic.. textronic etc. It is nice to get a good old fashioned care package, or letter in the mail. It is SO nice to get a handwritten letter. I am obsessed with the internet so I can't share your feeling completely, but I definitely hear you on old fashioned graces being something worth remembering